- Post Oak Middle
4 Day In-Person Learning Information
We are super excited for our transition to 4 days of in-person instruction for Group 1 and Group 2 students beginning Monday, April 12th. This updated hybrid model will provide in-person learning four days per week for those who have opted to participate through in-person instruction. Please make note of the following information as we prepare for the transition on April 12th.
- Group 1 and Group 2 students will attend school in person every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday beginning Monday, April 12, 2021.
- Group 3 students who have chosen to learn virtually 100% of the time will continue to do so for the remainder of this school year. These students will attend classes remotely every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Wednesdays will remain unchanged. Students will work independently throughout the day on Wednesday. All students will still participate virtually in their Patriot Advisory class from 11:45 am – 12:05 pm. This allows staff to check-in with their students.
Group 3 students will continue to participate in virtual Google Class Meets while learning remotely. Each meet will consist of 30 – 35 minutes of new instruction followed by independent learning activities which are aligned to state standards. Virtual class meets will begin at 8:05 am and conclude at 2:20 pm.
All virtual students will remain with their current teachers and follow their current class schedule!
Social Distancing and Mitigation Strategies
Student and staff safety are critical as we work collaboratively to shift to 4 days of in-person hybrid learning next month. We will continue to implement our mitigation strategies and social distancing guidelines to the greatest extent possible. Students will be required to wear masks and abide by our social distancing practices throughout the school day. Thank you in advance for your support of our safety measures as we work together to maintain a safe learning environment.
Car riders may be dropped off at school beginning at 7:30 am. Please refrain from dropping students off unattended prior to 7:30 am. Dismissal begins at 2:40 pm for car riders. Please note dismissal will be staggered due to social distancing. Parents and guardians are encouraged to park in the center of the parking lot when picking their students up during dismissal.
Bus information for the April 12th transition will not be updated until the evening of April 9th. Parents can verify their child’s bus number, bus stop location, and time beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday, April 9th online or in ParentVUE as the current bus information may have been changed.
Any changes to Special Education transportation will be communicated directly to parents/guardians by the transportation special needs department.
It is important to note that we will continue to use the following preventative measures:
• Students will have to wear a face mask on the bus.
• Windows and roof hatches will be open, weather permitting, to increase ventilation.
While the majority of bus runs will still enable students to sit one per seat, there will be some runs that have two students per seat.
If you have decided to transport your child to and from school, please contact our school office.
We are extremely excited to see students return to the building for 4 days of in-person learning and look forward to making this transition as smooth as possible. Thank you in advance for your continued cooperation, patience, and understanding as we work together to meet the needs of our students!
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help!