Computer Systems Technology
Instructor: Steve Tate Contact Information: email@example.com
DO YOU –
- Enjoy working with computers?
- Plan to enter the information technology field?
- Have analytical aptitude?
- Possess a willingness to work alone and with a team?
- Have a positive attitude?
- Then this class might be for you.
2 YEAR Programs open to 11th
Credentials: Cisco IT Essentials and CompTIA A+
Computer Systems Technology 1 Credits: 2 Offered Grade 11
Students enter the world of computer technology and gain practical experience in assembling a computer system, installing an operating system, troubleshooting computers and peripherals, and using system tools and diagnostic software. They develop skills in computer networking and resource sharing. In addition, students explore the relationships between internal and external computer components. Emphasis is placed on customer service skills and career exploration. Upon successful completion of the course, students may qualify to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam.
Computer Systems Technology 2 Credit: 2 Units Offered Grades 12 Prerequisite: CST 1 and successful completion of CISCO level 1
Building on the foundation of Computer Systems Technology I, This advanced course provides students with training in procedures for optimizing and troubleshooting concepts for computer systems and subsystems. Students explore wireless technologies (e.g. Bluetooth, WI-Fi) and create and configure a network. Emphasis is placed on technical proficiency, skill-building, and workplace readiness. The course prepares students for prost secondary education and training and a successful career in information technology. Upon successful completion of the course students may qualify to take the A+ certification exam.
- Students are expected to wear appropriate safety gear and uniforms in the lab
- Students are expected to join the Career and Technical Student organization SkillsUSA and SkillsUSA Virginia
- IT engineer
- Cabling installer
- Computer Troubleshooter
- Network Operator
- Software developer
- Webpage designer
- Home entertainment installer