RHS Counseling Center
Let's find your balance...
High school students are asked to manage many things as young adults: academics, family and peer relationships, identity, college and career planning, work, athletics, and the complicated world we live in. Riverbend's Counseling Center is dedicated to helping students create a balanced approach to challenging themselves throughout the process of teen and young adulthood while simultaneously supporting their mental and physical well-being. Everyone's path is different. Our mission is to deliver a comprehensive, developmental, and responsive School Counseling Program that supports academic success, college and career readiness, and personal and social growth for all Riverbend students. Our goal is to collaborate with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and other community stakeholders to prepare our students to excel in a diverse, dynamic, and global society, while preserving individuality and uniqueness.
Our challenge to students:
- Actively pursue your education
- Identify and use your resources
- Find a balanced approach to your academic, career and college, and personal and social pursuits... We can help you!
Our challenge to parents:
- Respect your student as they explore their individuality
- Help your student identify support structures
- Assist your student in identifying their strengths and interests
- Encourage them to take advantage of experiential learning opportunities that support their strengths and interests
- Work together with teachers, counselors, and administrators to ensure student success
Counseling Center Staff
Name Position Students Extension Dontee Sylvester Counselor A-C 5328 Kim Rolling Counselor D-HR 5325 Jenna Haley Counselor HU-N 5326 Kate Caldwell Counselor O-S 5324 Courtney Minor Director & Counselor T-Z 5323 Theresa Bohnstedt Administrative Assistant 5321 Allison Jacobsen Registrar 5329 Lisa Parrish Social Worker 5322Counselors are available for students and/or parent conferences during the hours of 7:15 AM - 2:45 PM. Please contact the appropriate counselor to set up an appointment.