All students within Massaponax High School are eligible to receive the benefits of a school counseling program that is developmental in nature, preventive in design, and comprehensive in scope. As an integral part of the total educational program, credentialed school counselors ensure access to services so that every student is challenged and supported to reach his/her highest potential.
High school students are asked to manage many things as young adults: academics, family and peer relationships, identity, college and career planning, work, athletics, and the complicated world we live in. Massaponax School Counseling Center is dedicated to helping students create a balanced approach to challenging themselves throughout the process of teen and young adulthood while simultaneously supporting their mental and physical well-being. Everyone's path is different. Our mission is to deliver a comprehensive, developmental, and responsive School Counseling Program that supports academic success, college and career readiness, and personal and social growth for all Massaponax students. Our goal is to collaborate with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and other community stakeholders to prepare our students to excel in a diverse, dynamic, and global society, while preserving individuality and uniqueness.
Our challenge to students:
- Actively pursue your education
- Identify and use your resources
- Find a balanced approach to your academic, career and college, and personal and social pursuits... We can help you!
Our challenge to parents:
- Respect your student as they explore their individuality
- Help your student identify support structures
- Assist your student in identifying their strengths and interests
- Encourage them to take advantage of experiential learning opportunities that support their strengths and interests
- Work together with teachers, counselors, and administrators to ensure student success
Massaponax Counseling DepartmentHours & Contact Information
Hours: 7:30am - 3:30pm
Phone: 540-710-0419 ext. 5222
Fax: (540) 891-8778Mrs. Dee Taylor, Secretary
firstname.lastname@example.orgMrs. Sarah Bell, Registrar
email@example.comParents who would like to meet with their students counselor are asked to call or e-mail the counselor to schedule an appointment prior to coming in. Counselors are not always available to meet without an appointment.Thank you!