Frequently Asked Questions

    *What paperwork will  I need to register my child?
    original birth certificate
    2 proofs of residency (current mortgage statement or lease and current utility bill)
    physical/shot record
    parent identification 

    *When is Kindergarten registration?
     Each Spring--check back for specific date

    *How early can I drop off my child? What time is dismissal?
    Please do not drop off your child before 8:30 am.
    Dismissal is 3:30 pm.
     **Note: Any student arriving in the classroom after 8:45 is considered tardy and any student leaving before 3:15 will be noted as an early dismissal. These students do not qualify for the Perfect Attendance Award.

    *What is the policy regarding birthday celebrations?
    Please make arrangements with your child's teacher via email or phone. Parents are welcome to bring in a store bought treat (ie cupcakes) to be served during the child's lunch time. The teacher will not be present in the cafeteria to distribute treats. Birthday party invitations cannot be distributed in the classroom.

    *What if my child loses something?
    Have your child check the lost and found box in the gym. Please remember to label your child's jacket, lunch box and other personal items to prevent lost items. Periodically, unclaimed items are sent to local shelters to support the less fortunate.

    *What if I want my child to go home a different way than usual?
    Please send a note to the child's teacher. Include the date(s), child's name, teacher's name, name and address of person/student they are going home with and a phone number where you can be reached in case of questions. Students will not be allowed to ride a different bus without written permission.

    *What if my child is going to be absent?
    If you know in advance your child is going to be absent, please send a note to the teacher. If an absence is unexpected due to illness or an emergency, please call the main office (540)710-5190, extension 1, before 10:00 a.m.

    *Can I join my child for lunch?
    Yes! You are welcome to have lunch with your child. 

    *What if my child needs medication during the school day?
    No over the counter or prescribed medicines may be administered during the school day without a physician's order or talking to the school nurse (540)710-5190, extension 2.  Medication form located here and may be faxed to our school at 540-710-7451.