The Rappahannock Juvenile Detention Education Program is:
- A Virginia Department of Education State Operated Program.
- The program and school employees are funded by DOE and supervised by Spotsylvania Public School Division.
- The program is regional, primarily serving Spotsylvania County, Fredericksburg, Stafford, King George, Louisa, Orange County, and Madison.
- All residents/students are required to attend and participate in the education program regardless of academic standing.
- Academic performance is recorded and provided to the last school record of attendance prior to detention.
- Residents may participate in SOL testing and GED preparation.
- Courses offered include: all grade level core content. Life Skills, Physical Education and Health, Technology, Art Therapy.
- Additional educational supports include Special Education and Literacy.
- Special program activities include: community service and field trips provided to students enrolled in the Post-D Program, Summer Enrichment Program, and the Character Education Program.
....to provide students with quality instruction through a continuum of education programs necessary to transition from the program with tools that enhance citizenship and life-long learning.
The vision of the education program is instructional excellence for academic and personal success.
275 Wyche Rd.Stafford VA 22554PRINCIPAL - Dana HawesPhone: 540-658-1691