Special Education Advisory Committee
Telephone: 540.582.7060Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFacebook: @SpotsySEAC
What is the purpose of the Committee?
- Advise the local school division of unmet needs in the education of children with disabilities
- Assist the local school division in the formulation and development of plans for improving performance of children with disabilities
- Participate in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting the identified needs of children with disabilities
- Submit periodic reports and recommendations regarding the education of children with disabilities to the division superintendent for transmission to the school board
- Assist the local school division in interpreting plans to the community for meeting the special needs of children with disabilities for education services
- Review the policies and procedures for the provision of special education and related services prior to submission to the local school board and the Virginia Department of Education.
The Spotsylvania Education Advisory Committee - (SEAC) is a supportive committee of parents, educators and community agencies interested in the education of children with disabilities.
Who is eligible to be a committee member?
- Parents of children with disabilities
- Individuals with disabilities
- Representatives of civic organizations
- Representatives of local business or industry
- Public agency personnel