Summer Enrichment Information
Summer Enrichment Week 5
Get ready for a totally new summer enrichment opportunity! Tune in to Spotsylvania's Educational Television (ETV) channel (Comcast Channel 17, Cox Channel 18, or Verizon Channel 36) to watch weekly enrichment classes on a variety of topics for grades K-8. Coding Dojo, Imagineering, Knitting, Creative Cooking, Japanese, and the 5 C's Challenge are just a few of the course offerings! Additional materials and suggested supply lists are available on the Summer Enrichment Google Site. These free weekly modules will be broadcast daily, Monday through Friday, from June 8 through July 30. The elementary enrichment broadcast will run at 10:00 AM on the ETV channel. The middle school module broadcast will start at 1:00 PM each weekday. All videos will also be made available on the Summer Enrichment Google Site.
Elementary Module #5 "Japanese" (July 6-10): Have you ever dreamed of living on the other side of the world? Have you ever wondered: Could I learn their language? What if I were an elementary school student in Japan - what would it be like? In our class, we will explore both written and spoken Japanese. We will learn songs and games and even learn more about Japanese culture! Join us next week as we travel to Japan!
Middle School Module #5: "Design Challenges" (July 6-10): Design Challenges will offer you a chance to use your imagination to create a variety of items. You choose which ones to create, or create all three!! Challenges include a Spaghetti Tower, a Watercraft that can hold at least 25 pennies, and last (but definitely not least).....a Solar S'more Oven!!!
Supplies: 20 pieces of spaghetti, 1 yard of masking tape, 1 yard of string, 1 large marshmallow, 10 Straws, 10 inch strip of plastic wrap, 25 pennies, cup to put pennies into, a wide bowl or bucket, cardboard Pizza box, aluminium foil, plastic wrap, black construction paper, tape, glue stick, pencil or wooden skewer, scissors or utility knife, s’more ingredients: graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate bars
Gifted Education Documents
- Local Plan & Addendum- This document details the policies of Spotsylvania County's Gifted Services.
- Informational Brochure--Learn more about Gifted Services in Spotsylvania County.
- High Achiever, Gifted Learner, Creative Thinker - A three-way breakdown of characteristics of learners.
- Program Standards for Elementary Gifted Services
- Sample Progress Report for Elementary SCOPE students (grades 3-5)
- Enrichment Group Unit Plan Overview Grades K-2
- SCOPE Unit Plan Overview Grades 3-5
- Referral Form (English)--This form can be used to refer your student for Gifted Services.
- Referral Form (Spanish)