Spotsylvania Middle School Athletics
Spring Sports are scheduled to start tryouts March 8.
Sports offered: Boys and Girls Track; Soccer, Softball
For this year, Girls will be allowed to tryout for the Spring soccer team.
Needed for Tryouts:
Must be Academically Eligible. No F’s during 3rd 9 weeks.
Completed Athletic Physical form. ALL 4 sections.
Forms can be emailed emailed to Mr. Race at email@example.com or dropped off in the main office.
Completed Concussion Trainings (online-SMS Athletics)
Complete the Spring sport INTENT survey (will be available next week)
Complete the Team sign up sheet.
Spring Sports Signups:
Health Safety and Concussion Training Information:
- Physical forms may be downloaded from our web site or are available in the Main Office
- The entire form must be completed for every student prior to them being allowed to try out for sports
- 6th, 7th and 8th grade students are eligible to try out for middle school sports. **6th graders are not eligible to try out for football.
- High School and Middle School use the same form; this one is correct
General Information and Dates:
There will be no activity busses for athletics during the school year. STUDENTS MUST BRING A NOTE TO THE FIRST DAY OF TRYOUTS (ALL SPORTS) THAT STATES THE FOLLOWING: I _____________ do have a ride home at 5:00 every day during tryouts, practices, and or games, and signed by a parent. NO EXCEPTIONS. Failure to do so will result in the student being sent home.
Football, Soccer, Softball and Track will be held across the street at Legion Field.
Basketball, Volleyball, and Wrestling will be held in the SMS gymnasium. Use side entrance.
Cancellations and Postponements:
Sports Schedules may be subject to change due to weather/field conditions. Please check website after 1:00 p.m. on game day.
All games begin at 4 p.m. Students staying to watch must be picked up at 5:15 p.m.
Prices for Games:
- Adults/Students = $3.00
- Pre-school/elementary students (10 years old or younger) = Free
- Senior citizens (60 years old or older) = Free
- Spotsylvania County Public School staff and one guest = free with ID badge