Spotsylvania Middle School Athletics
SMS Athletics 2021-22 - Important Athletic Information
Hello Parents and Students;
In anticipation of a “full” opening to the 2021-22 school year; the following information regarding athletics is VITAL for your student to be eligible to try out for a sport.
Sports offered in SCPS middle schools are:
SCPS Middle School Athletics’ gives any student an opportunity to try out for the sport of the student athlete’s choice, per season. Due to many parameters, not every student will make the team. Please remember, there is only one team; 6th, 7th and 8th graders are all trying out together; all except for Football (7th and 8th graders only).
It is my advice to any student interested in trying out for any team:
- Get out and get active; conditioning the body for the sport
- Individual skill development: camps and clinics: find them and get to them.
Try out Info:
- Dates are listed above
- Times: 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Pick up PROMPTLY by 5:15 (No BUSES)
- Pick up is in the MAIN parking lot. (second ramp area: outside the gym)
- Tryouts are closed to parents. Thank you.
****IN ORDER TO TRYOUT****
- Completed a VHSL 2021 Athletic Physical Form (SEE BELOW: FORMS)
NOTE: School entrance physical will NOT be accepted for sports.
a. Athletic Physicals must be completed May 1, 2021 or after.
Otherwise, the physical form is invalid.
b. Only one Athletic Physical is required for the academic year.
Part 1: Do not fill out the High School requirements
Part 2: Fill out completely before seeing the doctor
Part 3: Doctor fills this portion out
Part 4: Please fill out, but not required to participate.
Part 5: Fill out completely
- Completed Concussion Trainings (Electronic Submission Only - Instructions below)
a. SMS Athletic Link: hover your cursor over the word “Athletics”
b. Scroll to the bottom of the page and find “Spotsylvania
c. Complete and submit (Hard copy is NOT required)
- Allergies or Asthma Medical conditions:
a. Students must provide proper written permission by
their doctor in order to carry any medications on school
b. Virginia Asthma Action Plan (listed below: FORMS)
c. Allergy Action Plan (listed below: FORMS)
- VHSL Athletic Physical Form 2021: https://tinyurl.com/phmfr4s3
- Virginia Asthma Action Plan: http://tinyurl.com/yypp2qu4
- Allergy Action Plan: https://tinyurl.com/3h34rea6
Further athletic information will be provided on Business day, August 10th. An Athletic information meeting will be offered at the end of each business day session. Please attend one of the meetings so that you are well informed of the requirements and expectations of an SMS student-athlete.
If anyone has any questions or concerns; please feel free to contact me, Kevin Race at email@example.com
Athletic Director, SMS