Early Childhood Special Education
What We Do:
- Work with children in 1:1 settings, small and larger group settings.
- Monthly home visits with all families, parental support.
- Work to increase skills and abilities to the level of typically developing peers and prepare students to enter kindergarten with age appropriate skills.
- Work on attending skills
- Toilet Training
- Teach children appropriate play and social skills
- Address any developmental delays
Population we serve:
- Children ages 2 to 5
- Students with Developmental Delays, Autism, Speech and Language impairments. These children have delays in one or more developmental areas that may include: Cognitive, Adaptive, Expressive Language, Receptive Language, Social, Fine and Gross Motor Skills. All ECSE Students have IEP’s.
Classes at John J. Wright:
- 2 ECSE Two's Class
- 3 ECSE Three/Four Classes
- 1 ECSE Autism Class
- 1 ECSE HS Inclusion Class
- PT/OT Therapy Room
Mrs. Muse, Coordinator of ECSE