Home Schooling INFORMATION
School Board Staff - Please contact Emily Horne with questions.
Mailing Address: 8020 River Stone Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Phone Number: 540-834-2500
Email Address: email@example.com
How to successfully complete the home school process:
Useful Forms: Use the links in the left-hand columnTesting Opportunities - High School home instruction students may participate in Advanced Placement (AP), Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT), SAT and ACT examinations. Parents may contact the appropriate high school counseling office for PSAT and AP examination registration. PSAT and AP exams are ordered in advance so please contact the appropriate counseling office as early as possible during the school year. Families can sign up for the SAT and ACT exam by using the links below.
- Step 1: Submit a notice of intent via US Mail, Fax, Email or by dropping it off in person. If you use the home school email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) you will receive an automated email reply confirming that your email was received. You may write your own notice of intent. However, if you would like to use our notice of intent, a copy can be found by clicking here.
- Step 2: Choose the home school option that you are pursuing. Remember to provide the appropriate documentation according to the option that you have selected. Want to review the home schooling options? If so, click on the notice of intent link above.
- Step 3: Submit a list of courses that the student will be taking.
- Step 4: Submit test scores at the end of the school year.
- SAT Assessment Information can be found at: http://sat.collegeboard.org/home?navid=gh-sat
- ACT Assessment Information can be found at: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html
- PSAT Assessment Information can be found at: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/reg.html
- Advanced Placement Information can be found at: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/home
End Of Year Testing Resources For Home School Families - Listed below are some resources for annual testing purposes. This list is provided as a resource only. You may know of or prefer to use another company.
Warning: This web page contains links to one or more web sites outside of the SCPS network, which are not SCPS sites and may not reflect the view or opinions of SCPS. SCPS does not control the content of such websites and does not sponsor or endorse any messages, products, or services contained on these web sites.Information Pertaining to Drivers Education:Additional Links for Home School Activities
Web Page Home School 2014-15