How to Register your Student
**Please Note: Families cannot register for preschool through the site. Please visit the Center for Family and Preschool services website for more information.
Pre-Registration for 2022-2023 school year will open on Monday, March 7th. To enter Kindergarten next fall, a child must be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2022.
If a language other than English is spoken in the home and you need assistance to register your child, please call the SCPS Welcome Center at 540-582-7047. You may visit the ESOL Welcome Center for more information.
To begin the Student Registration Process, please follow these steps and use the links below.
- SCPS requires parents/guardians to complete an online pre-registration process before going to a school to complete the Student Registration process. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to read the ParentVUE Quick Tip sheet which provides step-by-step directions to assist with online pre-registration.
- After reading the information, please access the ParentVUE Online Portal to begin the online portion of the registration process.
- Once Pre-Registration is complete, you must finalize the registration process at your child's school site. Please use the forms on below to ensure that you have all of the appropriate documents.
Helpful Tips and Information:
- Birth Certificate: If you do not have an original birth certificate, please visit the Virginia Department of Health - Office of Vital Records website.
- Social Security Number: If you do not have a social security number, please visit the U.S. Social Security Administration website.
- Physical Examination: In addition to the items on the registration checklist, your child must complete a physical examination by a physician. A physical examination form must be completed by a physician no earlier than 12 months prior to the date of entrance into school if the student is enrolling in public school for the first time. For students who have been enrolled in public school previously, the physical examination form submitted at the time of first enrollment may be used.
- Immunizations: Documented proof of required immunizations.
- VDOE School & Day Care Minimum Immunization Requirements
- Requisitos Minimos de Inmunizacion para la Escuala y la Guarderia
- 2021 Childhood Vaccine School Requirements (House Bill 1090)
- Requisitos escolares de vacunación infantil 2021 Proyecto de Ley de la Cámara de Representantes 1090
- Free immunizations may be obtained at the Spotsylvania Health Department located in the The Holbert Building, 2nd Floor (9104 Courthouse Road, Spotsylvania, VA 22553). Phone number (540)507-7400. Their hours are by appointment.
- Ready, Set, Go Kindergarten Book - English