SCPS Division Announcements & Updates
UPDATE for Summer FREE Food Pick-ups - Summer FREE Food pick-ups are on Wednesdays. Each food bag will contain 7 breakfasts & lunches. See attached flier for Updated Pick-Up Times & Locations beginning Wednesday, June 9.
UPDATED Virginia Immunization Requirements - please see our SCPS Health Services Page for July 1, 2021 updates to Virginia Immunization Requirements for schools.
Welcome to the Center for Family & Preschool Services
Head Start Program, Virginia Preschool Initiative Program, Early Childhood Special Education, ESOL Welcome Center, & the Parent Resource Center
Friday, July 23, 2021
NOW ACCEPTING 2021-2022 Applications for Preschool! If your child will be 4 years old on or before September 30, 2021, please apply through the following options:
NEW APPLICANTS (Never have applied for Spotsylvania County Preschools in any previous year):
RETURNING APPLICANTS (Previously applied or a sibling was enrolled in Spotsylvania County Preschools any previous year):
Please submit a paper application and all supporting documents to email@example.com
- 2021-2022 Preschool Application - English
- 2021-2022 Preschool Application - Spanish
- 2021-2022 Head Start and Virginia Preschool Initiative Eligibility and Application Information
- Additional Forms (as needed) and 2020-2021 Preschool Applications
To protect the health and safety of families, applications are also accepted by email, fax, or U.S. Mail. Applications may also be placed in a drop box at the Center for Family and Preschool Services, 7409 Brock Road, Spotsylvania, 22553 Monday - Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- Children must be 4 years old by September 30 of the enrollment year.
- Families must meet eligibilty guidelines to be considered for selection.
- Children must reside in Spotsylvania county.
- Selections begin in April and are continuous through August or until the program is full.
- Children selected will be contacted by a family service worker to complete enrollment. Please ensure phone numbers and email information are included on your application and up-to-date to ensure we may reach you.
- Children who are not selected for the program will be placed on a waiting list after the first day of school for vacancy considerations throughout the enrollment year.
- Questions or email application submissions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Distance Learning Information for Parents - the following two links are to sites that include pertinent distance learning information for parents and students such as tutorials on Canvas and Google Classroom, along with other important information