New Employee Class Information
Employment Opportunities - Come and join our Transportation Team; become a School Bus Driver or a School Bus Attendant.Please visit the SCPS Human Resources Page under the Employment Section for additional information and to complete an online application.You must submit a current driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles with your application to become a school bus driver.
We help prepare you to acquire a Commercial Driver's License from the Department of Motor Vehicles. After acquiring your learners, we will send you to the Health Services Department for a physical and for a TB screening. After completing this you are ready to start training.
- 2019-2020 Starting pay for Drivers is: $17.21
- 2019-2020 Starting pay for Bus Attendants is: $10.69
Training - Our training is provided on site at Spotsylvania County Schools Office of Transportation Services. There are 48 hours of classroom training and a minimum of 24 hours behind the wheel training. Our training curriculum consists of:
- Classroom to acquire a CDL Learners (dates are provided to the right)
- Department of Education Curriculum
- Department of Education Curriculum for Special Needs
- CPR, AED & First Aid Certification
- First Observer Certification
- Behind the Wheel training, with a Certified Trainer
- Behind the Wheel training with students, with a Certified Trainer
Classroom Training is from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for approximately 5 days.Behind the Wheel Instruction is from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for approximately 5 days.Ten Hours With Students is during regular AM & PM bus runs, after testing is complete.
**Your pre-school children, ages one and up, are welcome to join you on the bus after training is complete.
Training Class Dates
Training Classes are held once per month. Please call 540-582-5125 for specific dates.
Meet the Trainers
Hours - 8:00am to 4:00pm
Katherine Nicholson,Coordinator of Trainingext. 1835
firstname.lastname@example.orgMona Bender,In-service Schedulingext.1829
email@example.comPat Huskey,CPR/First Aidext.1830
firstname.lastname@example.orgJennifer Martin,Bus Equipmentext. 1833Jmartin@spotsylvania.k12.va.us