Substitute Position Information
To apply, please use the following link to go to the SCPS online application website.
2020-2021 Daily and Long-Term Pay Rates:
- Non-Degree - $80
- College Degree (Bachelor degree or higher) - $95
- Long Term Assignment (Degree Only) - $135
- Long Term Assignment (Certified Only) - $185
- Teachers Aide (Paraeducator) - $70
*Substitute teachers are employed and paid on a per diem basis. Substitute teachers are not employed under contract with the school board. The per diem pay differentiates between persons having a four year college degree and others. The daily rate of pay for a substitute aide is lower than that of a substitute teacher. This rate is the same regardless of degree status and length of service.
Substitute Orientation Information:
- Substitute Training Checklist
- EPI Pen Training
- Blood Borne Pathogen
- Hands Only CPR Awareness
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Recognizing, Reporting, and Responding for Educators (The certificate for this training is printable at the end of the training)
- De-Escalation Training Certificate (You will receive an email for the printable certificate at the end of the training)
**It is the policy of the Spotsylvania County School Board not to discriminate against any persons with disabilities or any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry or marital status.
Important Substitute Information
Please note: Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) along with a current TB test result or assessment.
**Substitute Teacher Applicants - The results of your TB skin test or assessment must be submitted to the Human Resources Department before your online application will be reviewed.The test may be administered by your family doctor or an appointment can be made with one of the local health departments for a nominal fee. Once we have received your TB documentation and your online Substitute Teacher application, you will be contacted via email provided on your application regarding attending a Substitute Orientation. If you have any questions, please contact Paula Golden-Boruch at 540-834-2500 ext. 1500.