If you are exempting your child from wearing a mask for medical reasons, please have your child’s doctor indicate a mask exemption on page 3 of the SCPS physical form or submit a doctor’s note from the physician office with the medical reason for an exemption for wearing a mask. Medical exemption documentation should be turned into your school nurse/office. Masks must be worn until the mask exemption is approved.
If you already have a medical exemption on file from last year, you do not need to resubmit the medical exemption. If you have any questions, please contact your child's school nurse.
- Medical Exemption may be permanent or temporary.
- Can be documented on page 3 of the school entrance physical form or on a document from the physician office as long as it contains all required information, including an alternative to the mask.
- The school entrance physical form is available on the Health Services website https://www.spotsylvania.k12.
- Exemption documentation should be turned into your school nurse/office.
- Masks must be worn until the mask exemption is noted in your child's school records.