Mental Health Supports & Resources
School Counselors are available to support students and families. In addition, the following is a list of community agencies that can provide support to individuals in need.
- RACSB 24-hour emergency mental health services: (540) 373-6876
- The Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank (540) 371-7666 can provide food for families in addition to what we distribute at schools.
- Suicide hotline: 800-273-TALK
- Substance abuse hotline: 800-662-HELP
- Spotsylvania Sheriff’s Department non-emergency number: (540) 507-7200
- Virginia 211 offers local information about services, food/rent support, etc.: dial 211 or visit their website
- Families can sign up for Spotsylvania County text alerts here
- Child Protective Services: (540) 507-7898 OR (800) 552-7096 after hours
- The RACSB Spotsy Office (540) 582-3980 is able to provide telehealth intakes/therapy appointments via Zoom. They are also able to provide therapy to individuals over the phone if they do not have internet access.
- Mental Health America of Fredericksburg offers personalized assistance in locating a mental health provider. Call their office at (540) 371-2704 Monday through Friday from 9am to 2pm.
- Food & healthcare assistance through Spotsylvania DSS - Citizens may apply for benefits (SNAP, TANF, Medicaid and Child Care) online at www.commonhelp.virginia.gov or by calling toll free 855-635-4370. For Medicaid only applications call 855-242-8282. Citizens may reach staff by contacting their caseworker via email or phone. If you do not know your caseworker, call 540-507-7898.
- Unemployment benefits can be requested through the Virginia Employment Commission - File a new claim online or by calling (866) 832-2363 Monday through Friday from 8:15am to 4:30pm
- Families who rent and are at risk of being evicted can learn more from the VA Poverty Law Center.
- Eviction Helpline: 1-833-NoEvict
- Statewide Legal Aid Number: 1-866-LEGLAID