Health and Safety
The health and safety of the student athletes is our first priority. Please see below for some health and safety guidelines that will protect your student:
- The student must be cleared for sport participation through the VHSL phsyical form.
- The student and parent must be educated about interscholastic concussions before tryouts.
- The student should be properly conditioned and prepared for the rigors of their sport before tryouts.
- The student should be properly equipped and clothed for their sport and weather conditions.
- The student must have any prescribed emergency medication on-site.
- The student must inform the coach of any illness or injury that occurs during sport activity.
Concussion Education Requirement
In accordance to Virginia Code 22.1-271.5, all parents and students involved with interscholastic sports are required to become educated on sports concussions.
Students may not participate in interscholastic sports until both the parent and student complete concussion education training.
After completing the SCPS concussion education training an Awareness and Acknowledgement form will be available to print for documentation.
Completed trainings are also electronically documented at the school.
All paperwork regarding concussion education will be kept with the student's VHSL phsycal form.
Please use the links below for concussion education, training, and other useful health and safety information.