Spotsylvania County Schools Health Insurance
Medical, Vision, and Prescription Drugs - Plan Year 10/01/2019-09/30/2020
3 plans offered:
- KC Expanded
- KC 500
- KC High Deductible Health Plan/Health Savings Account (HDHP/HSA)
Dental - Employees may choose the level of benefits:
- Medical and Dental
- Medical Only
- Dental Only
- Coinsurance: the percentage of the maximum allowed amount you pay for some covered services.
- Copayment: the fixed dollar amount you pay for some covered services.
- Deductible: a fixed dollar amount of covered services you pay in a plan year before your health plan will pay for any remaining covered services during that plan year.
- Out of pocket: Deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance for services by providers and facilities within your network count toward your in-network, out-of-pocket expense limit. When your in-network, out-of-pocket expense limit is reached, deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance for in-network services will no longer apply for the rest of the plan year. NOTE: Your health insurance plan, also, has an out-of-network, out-of-pocket expense limit. This is separate from your in-network, out-of-pocket limit.
**It is the policy of the Spotsylvania County School Board not to discriminate against any persons with disabilities or any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry or marital status.