Coming together is a beginning,
Keeping together is progress,
Working together is success!
The REACH program is a transitional, life skills, and vocational post-secondary opportunity for students in Spotsylvania County with intellectual disabilities. We support students in all phases of life by providing recreational, social, and career opportunities within the school and community environments. The REACH staff works collaboratively with adult service providers and community providers to assist students in the transition process.
REACH Goals for our students:
- To obtain full or part-time employment in the community
- To develop age appropriate leisure and recreational activity interests
- To increase mobility
- To improve self-determination skills
- To increase each student's level of independence
- To encourage the support of adult agency services
- To develop and foster social relationships/friendships
The REACH program accepts applications from students in Spotsylvania County who have graduated from high school with a Special Diploma and have been identified as a student with an intellectual disability. Students identified with other disability categories could be included based on need and acceptance criteria.