Grief & LossIf you are reading this page because you have experienced a recent death in your family, we are sorry for your loss. If you are concerned with your child's reaction following a grief-related experience, please contact your student's school counselor.
- A video for parents and elementary aged youth to watch together regarding helping young students cope with grief was produced by Sesame Street.
- SAVE.ORG (Suicide Awareness Voices of Education) offers information for families struggling with the loss of a loved one due to suicide.
- Harbor Light Hospice provides information on grief and loss as well as specific suggestions for helping children cope with grief.
- FredRogers.org shares thoughts and suggestions for helping children deal with death.
- The Child Mind Institute offers resources related to trauma and grief--including how to handle holidays/special occasions and supporting children after the suicide of a classmate.
- Guía de ayuda para los niños y la pérdida de un ser querido.