Spotsylvania Middle School Clinic
*Please make sure that your child has turned in a green “clinic information card”. Any updates/changes on phone numbers should be sent to the nurse's clinic.Email school nurse: Alyssa Marzden, RN, BSN
6th Graders must have a TDAP vaccine before entering school in the fall.
All students with asthma, food allergies, and special medical needs must have a physician-signed emergency care plan. All medications, including over-the-counter medications (such as Tylenol, Advil, cough drops, etc) must be
- accompanied by a “Medication Request Form” that has been completed by a parent/legal guardian and signed by a doctor.
- transported/delivered to the clinic by a parent or legal guardian.
- provided in the original bottle.
- kept in the clinic; exceptions are Epi-Pens, inhalers, and diabetic supplies, which the student may carry with written permission from their doctor.
- dispensed by the school nurse or a trained staff person.
- picked up by a parent/legal guardian by the last day of school or it will be properly disposed of by the nurse.
- Students who have had fever of 100 degrees or higher must be fever-free, without the use of medications such as Tylenol, for 24 hours before they can return to school.
- If your child is sick the night before or on a school morning, please do not send them to school, as they will most likely not make it through the day and also expose their classmates to illness.
- Please call the “Greeter’s Desk” to report your child’s absence.