SCPS Division Announcements & Updates
UPDATED Virginia Immunization Requirements - please see our SCPS Health Services Page for July 1, 2021 updates to Virginia Immunization Requirements for schools.
Welcome to the Center for Family & Preschool Services
Head Start Program, Virginia Preschool Initiative Program, Early Childhood Special Education, ESOL Welcome Center, & the Parent Resource Center
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
ATTENTION 2021-2020 HEAD START & VPI APPLICANTS - As of 8-3-2021, application processing is on HOLD until further notice.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and inquiries regarding preschool applications and selection status and are unable to accommodate individual inquiries. In an effort to alleviate information inquiries, please review the information and links below regarding the application process.
If you are submitting missing documents for an incomplete application, please submit documents with your child's name to email@example.com
NEW APPLICANTS (Never have applied for Spotsylvania County Preschools in any previous year):
RETURNING APPLICANTS (Previously applied or a sibling was enrolled in Spotsylvania County Preschools any previous year):
Please submit a paper application and all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION INFORMATION:
To protect the health and safety of families, applications are also accepted by email, fax, or U.S. Mail. Applications may also be placed in a drop box at the Center for Family and Preschool Services, 7409 Brock Road, Spotsylvania, 22553 Monday - Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- Children must be 4 years old by September 30 of the enrollment year.
- Families must meet eligibilty guidelines to be considered for selection.
- Children must reside in Spotsylvania county.
- Selections begin in April and are continuous through August or until the program is full.
- Children selected will be contacted by a family service worker to complete enrollment - it is not necessary to check the selection status of your application. Please ensure phone numbers and email information are included on your application and up-to-date to ensure we may reach you.
- Children who are not selected for the program will be placed on a waiting list after the first day of school for vacancy considerations throughout the enrollment year.
- Questions or email application submissions may be directed to email@example.com
Distance Learning Information for Parents - the following two links are to sites that include pertinent distance learning information for parents and students such as tutorials on Canvas and Google Classroom, along with other important information
October 8, 2021
October 11, 2021
October 14, 2021
October 20, 2021