The SCPS Finance Department's mission is to provide effective, efficient, stable financial management. We will provide stable financial management. We will provide quality support, training and reliable information to our stakeholders by maintaining accountability through sound ethics while adhering to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In all that we do, we will promote efficiency, compliance, and transparency.In the SCPS Startegic Plan, Division Goal 1.0 Teaching & Learning is to "Prepare all students to be college and career ready."The Finance Department Objective to support this goal is "1.4 Execute exemplary financial practices that maximize the organization's return on investment in all areas."Specific Finance Department Strategies include:
- 1.4.1 Revise the budget development process to improve the identification of the current and future financial needs of the organization
- 1.4.2 Engage the community systematically to raise awareness of students' educational needs.
- 1.4.3 Automate purchasing, payroll, accounts payable and other fiscal functions to optimize efficiency.
- 1.4.4 Re-engineer accounting practices to maximize effectiveness.
- 1.4.5 Implement a state-of-the-art integrated Finance and HR system for data management.
- 1.4.6 Implement relevant and meaningful professional development opportunities to enhance productivity and build leadership capacity.
Finance Department Staff
Prashant Shrestha, Chief Business Officer
Malysa Rhodes, Director of Finance
Debbie Clark, Payroll Manager
Tracy Prater, Supervisor of Accounting & Auditing
Jamie Carter, VCA/VCO, Procurement Manager
Tatiana Kooistra, Systems Analyst
Joy Walton, Senior Financial Analyst
Melissa Webster, Budget Analyst