The middle school athletic program is governed by The Spotsylvania Middle School Council consisting of the six middle school principals and is composed of schools only from Spotsylvania County. Athletics is an integral part of the total educational program and when properly planned and implemented, is related to the educational goals of the student, student body, and the community. A wide variety of sports are offered.
· Fall Football, Girls Basketball, Girls Soccer
· Winter Boys Basketball, Wrestling, and Girls Volleyball
· Spring Boys and Girls Track, Girls Softball, and Boys Soccer
The Spotsylvania County Middle School Athletic Program provides for:
1.The participation of students of comparable skills.
2. The development of total physical, mental, and emotional health.
3. The development of sportsmanship and fair play.
4. The development of courage, desire, and responsibility.
5. The creation of team unity.
6. Activities of recreational interest which develop skills that may carry over into adult lives.
7. The simulation of support from the community by exemplifying the educational and social values of a middle school program.
Middle school athletic programs seek to allow seventh and eighth-grade students the opportunity to participate in after-school activities on a level that is appropriate for their age level.